As promised, today I bring you my gear haul. This is a list of absolutely all the gear that I’ll start the Appalachian Trail with. I’ve done separate posts on food and clothing so I won’t be including them in this post. Also, as in my clothing haul, I will provide links to the products where I can, but that won’t be possible with everything.
Alright, let’s get started! I’m going to break this down into groups. First group:
The Big Three
- Pack: Osprey Aura 50 AG
- Sleep system: Joule Sleeping Bag , plus a random Therm-a-Rest sleeping pad that was laying around my house and a silk sleeping bag liner from Ebay.
- Tent: Big Agnes Fly Creek HV UL 2
More about those three here.
- Snow Peak Trek 900 titanium cookset
- Sawyer Mini water filter
- Antigravity Gear pot cozy
- Random spork from REI
- Generic stove from Amazon
- Trowel from REI
- Small first aid kit with: band-aids, gauze, duct tape, mole skin, antiseptic wipes, a needle, and duct tape.
- Toilet paper
- Waterproof compression sack from Ebay (3)
- Black Diamond headlamp
- Length of paracord
- Frogg Toggs
- Permethrin spray for all my clothes
- Bug spray
- Pepper spray
- Cheap lighter
- Swiss army knife
- Key chain clips (2)
- Hand sanitizer
That’s everything! A few of the things in the list didn’t make it into the pictures (namely the compression bags and silk sleeping bag liner; the one because it hadn’t come yet and the other because I accidentally left it in my sleeping bag sack) but other than that the photos are comprehensive.
Also, bonus photo of all my clothes, since I didn’t have them all together when I posted my clothing haul.
Alright, that’s all I have to say about gear. As for actually leaving for the trail, that will be sometime this week although I don’t want to say exactly when for security reasons.
Anyway, you’ll hear from tomorrow, when I announce something which will have pretty far reaching implications for this blog (you’ll want to catch that), and then you won’t hear from me again until I’m on trail! It’s exciting, huh? This is really coming true.